Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 5 2009
















Well, today was an interesting one. Some others in our group looked up church buildings but they were all really far away so we didn't end up going. Hopefully it’ll be better in the other places! So we tried to go to the beach today and a long chain of events happened and we ended up waiting 3 hours and missed 2 trains. So we gave up and we went back to the Colosseum and went inside of it! Wow it was so awesome! While I was inside I thought about all the things that they did there. It was crazy to imagine standing where I was when it all was taking place. Oh but we had to wait a while to even get close to the Colosseum because the president of China was in it! Crazy! So Becky and I stood near where he came out and we got to see him! Cool huh?! Oh and when we were standing there waiting for him to come out there were some people that walked by and we heard the lady say "who is in there" and we thought it was a question so we said the president of china was in there and she said, "no, that's who's in there." So then we found out the president's first name is Hu! Funny! But yeah so that was cool! And then we came back and jumped in the pool because we had our suits on and we were hot and sweaty. But we were only in it for like 10 min and it closed. But it was still fun! So yeah that was my day. Hopefully next Sunday we'll be closer to a church! So tomorrow we're going on a train out to Florence! So we're off to another city! I'm excited! It'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment